Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Services in Lubbock, TX
Bioidentical hormone therapy (BHRT) refers to the process of supplementing your hormone production with hormones that are made from natural compounds derived from plants.
Unlike synthetic hormones, bioidentical hormones have the same molecular structures as the hormones that the body naturally produces. It is often combined with accurate blood testing and an analysis of your past medical history by doctors in Lubbock, TX in order to help them better understand your body’s unique needs.
Hormone replacement therapy is now a widely available treatment option that’s growing in popularity among men and women over the age of 35. Specifically, it is very helpful for those who feel run-down, prone to weight gain (sometimes for the first time in their lives), and who feel like there are no other options when it comes to managing their symptoms.
When it comes to the effectiveness and safety of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, studies have demonstrated great benefits. For those who demonstrate a need, this treatment option has been shown to provide the support the body needs in order to heal and reduce some of the most common symptoms of aging.
Bioidentical hormone therapy is a safe and powerful natural remedy that can help aging man regain their vitality.
The overall fact is that bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can provide lasting benefits for those who are identified by a specialist and found to be able to gain benefits from bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
Most side effects from this type of therapy are believed to originate from misdiagnosis and interrupting the natural hormonal metabolism. However, attempting to switch to a better, more herbal-based diet along with exercise, proper rest, and management of other contributing ailments will always be recommended prior to engaging in hormonal therapy.
How Does Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Work?
Specific hormones that BHRT aims to balance include those that have action cascade pathways tied to the body’s natural healing and maintenance systems. These hormones can include estrogen (in the form of estrone or estradiol), progesterone, testosterone, and dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA).
As you age, the body slowly loses its natural ability to produce these and other critical hormones. While exercising, getting plenty of rest, and engaging in healthy habits and routines can help to reverse this process, some people struggle to maintain vitality as they age.
Learn More Here: How Testosterone Replacement Therapy Helps Stop Aging in Lubbock, TX
Various hormone therapy products are used to overcome these symptoms, many of which have been approved by the FDA and are available by prescription through health care providers. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy specialists in Lubbock, TX are here to guide you through the hormone treatment program that is right for your body’s unique needs.
5 Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Improve Mood and Cognition – Hormones stimulate, regulate, and either directly or indirectly modulate every system in our body. When hormones that affect and interact with neurotransmitters responsible for releasing mood-altering chemicals such as dopamine and serotonin are depleted, patients can begin to experience symptoms such as decreased positive mood, anxiety, and depression.
Specific hormones that contribute to this are estrogen and progesterone, which both directly affect the two previously mentioned neurotransmitters and their direct release.
- Fortify Bones and Joints – Many studies have found that both testosterone and estrogen provide key signals for the fortification, building, and maintenance of strong bones and joints. Estrogen plays a key role in the removal of build-ups and acids in joints, and this is why a common symptom of menopause can include swollen and painful joints. This hormonal imbalance also results in a decreased ability for calcium to participate in the ossification (bone-making) process.
- Improve Energy Levels – As discussed, hormones affect every major organ and most tissues throughout the body, helping to guide and coordinate action and signal cascades that keep the body physiologically balanced. When all hormones are balanced, the body works as it should, organs function properly, tissues are supple and resilient, and your energy-efficient metabolism runs smoothly.
Conversely, the smallest variation in hormone levels can cause great, sometimes catastrophic, effects throughout the body. And this includes the systems that generate energy and make you feel energetic. Specifically, women are very prone to these energy-depleting symptoms when estrogen and even testosterone levels become depleted.
- Decrease Dysmenorrhea Symptoms – Severe cramps and other uncomfortable period symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, and improper sleep have been shown to be significantly reduced by bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. Specifically, hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, and DHEA play key roles in maintaining normal periods, and imbalances due to diet, age, or a related condition can lead to extreme symptoms of menopause and severe period cramps.
By rebalancing the levels of these specific hormones in coordination with a hormone specialist, women can now treat the extremely uncomfortable and disruptive symptoms associated with decreased levels of specific hormones such as estrogen and progesterone.
- Improve Libido – In both men and women, natural hormone production levels begin to peak around age 30 and then slowly decrease permanently thereafter. This results in a loss of signaling for the production of key sex hormones such as testosterone, estrogen, DHEA, and progesterone.
All of these hormones, specifically estrogen and testosterone, play key roles in maintaining reproductive health and the release of pleasure chemicals responsible for stimulating arousal. In addition to this, BHRT therapy has also been shown to reduce vaginal dryness and increase the libido of women experiencing menopause symptoms
Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Services in Lubbock, TX
With all of these benefits in mind, one can see why bioidentical hormone therapy has become a popular treatment option and consideration by many hopeful patients. It is important to meet with a hormone specialist that understands that there is a delicate balance needed to facilitate good hormonal health.
OWEN Health Group is one of the best bioidentical hormone therapy specialists in Lubbock, TX that can help to determine if this treatment is the best option for you, based on a comprehensive analysis of your hormone levels and a review of your medical history. For more information, reach out to our team of experts today at (806) 749-7975.